I can't wait for the 4th instalment in the Mission Impossible franchise. The first one was great, the next 2 not so much, but all indications are that this one is going to be fantastic! Hit the jump to see 5 very brief off-the-top-of-my-head reasons why, and the new trailer.
1. The first trailer was awesome. It had all the essential ingredients of an action trailer: explosions, timing and a pumping song. In this case, Eminem. Check it out.
2. The cast is great. I really like Tom Cruise. He is crazy, but one of the best actors, really. Plus there is Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead), Josh Holloway (Sawyer in Lost), Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker, The Town), Paula Patton (Precious) and more.
3. Brad Bird is the director. It's his first live action movie, after directing one of my absolute favourite animated movies of all time: The Incredibles. He is a real talent, and I am not the only one excited to see what he can do.
4. The Burj Khalifa. Yes, they filmed there, in IMAX, and Tom Cruise did his own crazy ass stunts (some of which are in the trailer). Apparently, while filming in Dubai, the cast and crew were blowing through one million dollars a day! Just watch this behind the scenes clip (via The Chive):
5. Word on the street has been positive for a long time. JJ Abrams raved about the footage ages ago already, and Slashfilm recently got to see footage too. Check their video blog reaction here.
Finally, here is the trailer: